The IAAO Maine State Chapter offers the following scholarship
MICHAEL AUSTIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – The State of Maine Chapter of IAAO offers an annual scholarship to a paid member that is also a certified Maine assessor. The executive Board decides each year what the scholarship will be and will notify paid members of the application process. The scholarship will typically cover the cost of tuition to the Property Tax School or the MAAO Fall Conference.
We encourage you to apply when you receive the notification!
IAAO provides various opportunities for scholarship funding. Please log onto iaao.org for contact information.
IAAO SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The IAAO Executive Board has established a Scholarship Fund for the purpose of promoting ad valorem appraisal professionalism. The Scholarship Fund is available to all IAAO members who need financial assistance to:
- Attend IAAO educational activities
• Attend the IAAO annual conference
• Attain an IAAO professional designation
• Perform research
BARBARA BRUNNER SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Funding provides registration scholarships for members to attend the annual conference. (Administered by the IAAO Scholarship Committee)
JEFF HUNT, CAE, MEMORIAL, CANDIDATES TRUST
Grants are awarded to professional designation candidates who demonstrate financial need and intend to use the funds to complete the requirements of a professional designation. (Administered by the JEFF HUNT, CAE, MEMORIAL, CANDIDATES ASSISTANCE TRUST Committee)
TIMOTHY N. HAGEMANN MEMORIAL MEMBERSHIP TRUST
Funding is awarded to help assessing officers from smaller rural jurisdictions become members of IAAO or maintain membership in IAAO. Priority is given to assessors who work full-time in jurisdictions with fewer than 7,500 parcels of real estate and consideration is given to the jurisdiction’s budgetary constraints.
FRIENDS OF THE PAUL V. CORUSY LIBRARY TRUST
The purpose of the Friends of the Paul V. Corusy Library Trust is to:
- Assist members by providing funds to do research in the field of mass appraisal, tax assessment and tax policy throughout the world.
• Assist the library with the purchase of written and electronic material to be used in the library.
• Support the functions of the library it is presently performing and identify ways to disseminate information to IAAO members.
• Support the library with additional purchases of equipment as necessary to enhance the operations to serve the members of IAAO.
The proceeds of the Trust will be distributed to deserving research papers, educational material, reference material or equipment that are important to all IAAO members, councils or articles in IAAO publications.